Thursday, February 26, 2009

How can you claim to have all of the answers?


Me claim to have all the answers? No, that's something you'll never hear me say (and if I do, do challenge me forthwith).

I would say rather: beware of anyone who asserts that he or she knows what is what. I've been there; done that. I was so sure I knew what life was all about only to change my spots at a later date. And I'd been so positive! I would never have guessed, at the time, that I would ever sing a different tune.

You need to move on when you've no alternative, in my book. You've got to be prepared to evolve and to grow. You should never, ever, stick with your current framework and insist that it is set in stone.

If a person is positive that they are right, then the usually feel they have something to defend. They feel obliged to defend the status quo a priori. Only listen to those--if you are going to listen rather than figuring it out for yourself--to one who is uncertain, or at the very least not attached to their kit-bag of thinking. But then weigh up what they say for yourself.

All the answers? No. What I've got I've worked out, and worked up, and it works for me. But I'd drop it at the drop of a hat if I had to. And I would never impose or try to sell it to another. But hey, you're welcome to take a gander!

Just be careful. Don't get burned. Don't become entrapped. In my web of threads or anyone else's. There are no guarantees.

No comments:

Post a Comment