Monday, February 9, 2009

Shouldn’t you get on with what you want to say?



If you are suggesting that I concern myself with ‘progressing my message’, and that I ought to think about picking up the pace, then I must politely decline. I’m not going to be swayed by any sense of urgency.

I might have, once upon a time. In fact, if I look back, I habitually did. And that was my undoing. It hampered me from writing what I wanted to write. It resulted in my struggling out of a ‘sense of mission’—it quite got in my way.

Why would I want to rush? Are my hours limited? Is the future uncertain? Are high matters at stake here? Does the possibility of failure exist? I choose not to believe so. Let me tell you how I see it.

I see the future as unfolding. And that which unfolds is already preformed. It exists, albeit hidden from sight. I don’t see a random spontaneous generation at work on the cutting face of the ever-present. Think ‘fate’; think ‘destiny’.

That which will happen is already there. No need, then, to panic about needing to bring it about in time, or mustering up the energy or the know-how. We’ve got the goods. We will deliver. Enjoy the ride, why don’t we?

So then. There’s no need to worry or hurry. We may strive, but there’s no point in pulling out hair. On another level, it is pointless too, to be fearful. But to reach that stage requires a grasp of the nature of creation . . . and we’re not there yet.

You’ve rushed me as much and as far as I am prepared to go at the present. I’ll continue, if I may, at my own pace. Another time, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment