Sunday, February 15, 2009

When did your thinking start to differ?


Do you mean, from other people? That would require that I know how they thought. And I'd always assumed that others saw the things the way that I did. Because, of course, my way of thinking was the correct one. Ah, how young I was.

Apart from the true answer that my thought processes have always been my own, and unique, I guess that the first instance of 'veerage' was how I came to regard life.

Conventionally, we are, ourselves, a human body. With perhaps some sort of mind/spirit/heart latched on or inserted. And our life is the passage of that three dimensional body through time. Our life is us at any instant.

That puts a lot of emphasis on the present, I thought. There seems to be a lot of time. The present is but an instantaneous instant. One that you hardly catch.

I view my existence through a fourth dimension, time, as a sort of time-lapse-photography hologram. It would resemble some species of worm, pointed at one end (the zygote) It would have body length flukes--arms--and have a semi-split groove its whole leg where my legs were. If I did a lot of travel then it would wind itself around the earth. It would have a regular pattern or pulse where I slept, breathed, or took part in an activity such as work. It would regularly approach and even come into contact with friends and family. Quite a fancy worm, I thought. It needs a fancy name. I've called it a jabberwocky.

No comments:

Post a Comment