Tuesday, March 10, 2009

You seem so hip; to what extent don't you have it together?


Ah, that would be telling! But what the heck . . .

Being me isn't always cool and breezy. My greatest bugbear (though it's also a gift) is an edgy, nasty sense of being overwhelmed. I suspect it's a form of Asperger's. I can deal with it--even turn it into a positive--but it means I'm often (mostly?) having to deal with a feeling of dread, a sense of free-floating anxiety.

Its useful side is that it prevents me from taking part in activities that aren't really me. It's like the two poles of repelling magnets. The condition is a form of 'bullshitometer', I would say. On the other hand, having to crank myself up to do the things that I must do is often a drag. And a half.

So yes, there's that.

Thanks for asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment